California Family Court Attorney

Guardianships are available to give adults a chance to take care of children whose parents are unable to take care of the kids themselves. In some situations, a biological parent may abuse drugs or alcohol and be unfit to act as parents. In other situations, a single parent may be leaving soon to serve in Iraq.

Regardless of the situation, it is important for children to have adults who will take care of them, and guardianships make that possible when the biological parents do not. Whether you are seeking a temporary order or a permanent order, it is important to work with a family law attorney who can guide you through the legal process. At the Law Office of Robert F. Carbone, that is exactly what we do. We have more than 20 years of experience representing clients in Bakersfield and throughout Southern California in guardianship matters.

Guardianships for Relatives

As family members, you love the children in your extended family and want to do what you can to help raise them correctly. Whether you are a grandparent, aunt, uncle or another relative, you may feel compelled to step in when you don’t think the biological parent is doing a good job.

If Child Protective Services (CPS) takes away your grandchild, niece or nephew, you may be able to get temporary orders. In those situations, we work with clients to prove the biological parent is not fit to be a parent, make sure we have reasonable proof, and determine how quickly action needs to be taken. We also help clients notify the appropriate relatives about the guardianship.

We complete all of the paperwork, communicate with our clients and the court, and we make sure everyone is appropriately notified or served. Guardianships take a great deal of work, so it is important to work with a lawyer who can quickly and accurately take you through the process.

That is what our Bakersfield guardianship lawyer offers. Contact us online or call 661-631-1216 to schedule your free initial consultation.