Sometimes a marriage ends because two people simply don’t get along. Sometimes it ends because of harsh, but benign, reasons. Other times, there is a misfortune that occurs, and it can be difficult to live with your ex for emotional or physical reasons. While you can usually escape from a marriage like this on your own, proving that it’s in the best interests of the children involved not to see their other parent can be more difficult. Here are a few things that can help you build an excellent foundation when fighting for your kids.

Print It When Necessary

Did your ex send you an inappropriate email, text message, or voicemail? While it’s not necessary to print and document every single thing, if you’re trying to win full custody without visitation, sometimes you’ll need proof to back up your claims. However, in a custody case, it’s more important to focus on what you do right rather than what they do wrong, unless what they do is abusive.

Create a Solid, Concentrated, Case

While the judge does want to hear you out, he or she probably doesn’t have all day to listen to everything you want to say. While it might be difficult, it’s important to create a concentrated, well-explained case. Some of this information you gather can be in pictures as well as charts and graphs, so the information is easy to absorb quickly. For example, if you spend the majority of your money on your child, and your ex does not, that is something you can put on a pie chart to illustrate your point.

Don’t Forget to Seek Help

Finally, don’t forget that if you’re confused about what’s necessary to include and what’s not that you seek professional advice immediately. This will help consolidate and strengthen your case, especially if you seek a caring, professional lawyer with the proper amount of experience. Remember, highlighting your strengths as a parent will be the best use of your time, and a lawyer can help you do that.

If you are in need of a Family Law attorney then don’t hesitate to to contact the law offices of Robert F. Carbone today for a free consultation.